Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Don't Fear Failure

I started this blog as part of a class assignment this past winter. At the end of the semester we were asked if we would continue our blogs. The majority of the class, including myself, kind of stammered out an answer like "maybe, possibly if I continued the blog" you can finish the sentence with an assortment of answers. While my classmates didn't come out and say it I think all of our hesitancy came out of a fear of failing.

As leaders we have to be willing to try something new even if that means possibly failing. As leaders we have to be willing to step out of our comfort zones and try new things. Whether this means trying develop a new management style, trying to create incentives, improve production, or to find a new way to get through a Monday go ahead and try it.

I think we'll find that some of our best work may come from an experience where as a leader we have failed. So I will continue this blog, hopefully with more frequent posts, because this is a way that I can try something new as a leader which may benefit me.

No comments:

Post a Comment